Wednesday, February 4

Something Special~

Good Morning friends! I haven't done much creating in the past few months. I just haven't felt like it. However, I did make one special piece in December for my lovely sister-in-law Teresa. As I have mentioned before we had a pretty bad 2014 and she was there for my husband and myself in so many ways. I wanted to make a little something special for her to show how much she means to us.


This piece took many twists and turns before it made it's way to being complete. I used a color palette that I normally would not dream of using and I LOVED it! When I was getting ready to assemble the raised elements it wasn't feeling quite like enough to me. Being me (messy girl) and the chaos that is December I happened to have a slew of cardboard boxes littering my craft around. It was a  happy accident that I reached for the cardboard and it turned out to be the perfect balance of texture for me. So, we have a 6"x6" canvas panel with layers of paint, sewing pattern tissue paper (perfect because Teresa is brilliant at all things sewing), book paper, twine, stamps, text, pen, marker, and of course splats, doodles and droplets of love and thanks. I think the metal Love charm is from Tim Holtz. That pretty much wraps it up for today. Have a fabulous day and I hope to be back soon with more painty goodness.
xoxo,

No comments:

Popular Posts